By: Dr. Rosetta Stith
All women of America who are eligible to vote in the Presidential Election on November 6, 2012 must be out and about that date and voting for the President of the United States.
The stakes for women could not be higher:
1. Loss of abortion rights and a woman’s right to privacy!
On FOX News Sunday, Justice Antonin Scalia, one of the 5 conservative Justices of the Supreme Court, and of only 9 Justices on the High Court, openly declared that when the right case is presented to the Court, he will vote to strike down the Supreme Court’s decision in Roe v. Wade which protects the right of a woman to an abortion which cannot be regulated by the States.
He also declared that the Right to Privacy does not exist in the U. S. Constitution.
2. Loss of voting rights!
Conservative advocates are demanding that the Voting Rights Act of 1965 either be repealed by Congress, or overturned by the Supreme Court.
Do you doubt what Justice Scalia probably thinks about the constitutional validity of the Voting Rights Act?
3. Loss of medical benefits!
The Affordable Health Care Act, passed by Congress and signed into law by President Barack Obama, assures that women will have adequate health insurance coverage and medical benefits.
But the Supreme Court barely upheld the constitutional validity of the law by a 5 to 4 vote of the Justices.
Needless to say, Justice Scalia was one of the dissenting Justices who voted to strike down the law.
- Scalia on Obama: ‘What can he do to me?’ (democraticunderground.com)
- Justice Scalia steps up criticism of healthcare ruling (news.yahoo.com)
- Scalia on Obama: ‘What can he do to me?’ (politico.com)
- Justic Scalia’s Refresher on Constitutional Originalism | Live Action News & Opinion (amhec.wordpress.com)
- Scalia: ‘Limitations’ possible for gun control (washingtontimes.com)
- Justice Scalia: ‘I’m Not Cantankerous’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- Supreme Court Justice Scalia Addresses Nation’s Gun Laws (blogs.wsj.com)
- Supreme Court Justice Scalia Sits Down With Chris Wallace on Fox News Sunday (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Scalia suggests women have no right to contraception (rawstory.com)
- Scalia disputes talk of high court infighting (content.usatoday.com)
The date for this important and upcoming Presidential election for us is November 6th, 2012.
All of us need to go out and VOTE!
This Presidential Election will be the most important one in our lives, and should not be missed if we want to maintain our current rights and health services that we need.
Your vote is a ‘must do’ if we want to move forward for ourselves as women, and for our families.
Up on the target board for abolishment by the Supreme Court are women’s rights.
Again, the Presidential Election is on November 6th.
We must show up, stand out, and shout out our needs as women for ourselves and our families.
In order for us as women to continue to move forward for the next 4 years , let’s commit ourselves and share this important voting information with family members, and friends to make November 6th ‘our must do day’ and ensure what we need as women with our votes.
Remember, as women we are better together; the world has no tomorrows without us!
See you at the voting booths!